Editor’s Note: The views and opinions of this article do not necessarily reflect those of the MAB. Contact the MAB for information on the MAB’s official editorial policy.
By: Seth Resler
Jacobs Media Strategies
We’ve known for years that social media can be a powerful channel for radio stations looking to connect with their audiences. One key to growing your social media fanbase is to simply ask your listeners to follow you. Most stations are adept at doing this on their airwaves with a combination of live solicits and production elements. But are you also asking your listeners to follow you on social media in print? Here’s an checklist of places where your station can display its social media handles:
1. Station Vehicle: Next time you wrap the van, be sure to include your social media handles on both sides and the rear.
2. Banners: Include your station’s social media handles on the standard banners that you bring to every run-of-the-mill street team appearance as well as specialized banners, such as stage backdrops for your station’s big concert.
3. Pop-Up Tents.
4. Wristbands, Tickets, and Hand Stamps: If your station hosts events such as concerts, use entry as opportunity to promote your social media presence.
5. Clothing: Got merch? Include a small “@WKRP” on the shirt sleeves or the back of the hats.
6. Stickers: Include your station’s social media handles on the sticker itself or on the peel-off backing.
7. Email Signature: Create a standardized email signature for everybody in your station to use. Include links to all of your station’s social media accounts.
8. Business Cards.
9. Station Letterhead.