The 2017 MAB Advocacy Conference is less than two weeks away Time is running out to register to attend the annual business meeting, Advocacy sessions and Awards Banquet!
- Dr. Esther Thorson, MSU School of Journalism Professor and expert on “fake news” trends and news consumption patterns;
- Rick Kaplan, General Counsel and Executive Vice President for Legal and Regulatory Affairs for the National Association of Broadcasters;
- Rob Elhenicky, Partner & MAB Lobbyist with Kelly Cawthorne;
- David Oxenford of Wilkinson Baker Knauer LLP.
- John D. Pirich of Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP; and
The important Advocacy Conference is FREE to MAB members. Register here
The MAB is thrilled to welcome two Washington D.C. lawmakers home to Michigan as part of this year’s Awards Banquet:
- Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) will be honored with the MAB’s Lifetime of Distinguished Public Service Award.
- Congresswoman Debbie Dingell (D-12) will be a special guest at this year’s Banquet to present the MAB Lifetime Achievement Award to 2017 honoree Marla Drutz, vice president and general manager at WDIV-TV (Detroit).
Other 2017 Awards Banquet honorees will include Michigan Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductees Rob David of Handyman Productions, Erik Smith of WXYZ-TV (Detroit), and Radio Reader Dick Estell of WKAR (East Lansing), as well as Legacy Award recipient Linda Lee of WYCD-FM. Both Estell and Lee will be honored posthumously.
CMU Public Radio’s John Sheffler and Detroit Public Television supporter William H. Smith will be honored with MAPB Public Media Impact Awards.
The annual MAB Awards Banquet is a fundraiser for the MAB Foundation, which awards more than $26,000 in scholarships to deserving broadcasting students each year.
Awards Banquet tickets are still available for $170 per person. Click here to reserve your tickets and be a part of the celebration.
We look forward to seeing you on August 22 at Crystal Mountain Resort in Thompsonville!