WMYD TV 20 (Detroit) is partnering with Tribune Broadcasting to broadcast “Antenna TV” to the Detroit area beginning on February 1, 2016.
The new network will feature classic television shows such as I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, Newhart, Family Ties, Three’s Company, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Good Times, Family Ties, Doogie Howser MD, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
“Antenna TV” will be available over-the-air on channel 20.2, Comcast channel 286, WOW channel 197, and Wyandotte Cable channel 520.
WXMI FOX 17 (Grand Rapids) and Independent Bank presented the second annual Pay It Forward Person of the Year Awards Gala on January 21. This invitation-only lunch event was held at the CityFlatsHotel. The FOX 17 Pay It Forward Person of the Year is Rick Ayotte.
The goal of the Pay It Forward Initiative is to highlight West Michigan citizens who give of their time, talent, and treasure, while expecting nothing in return.
“We’re very excited to present this event again this year,” said FOX 17 V.P. General Manager Patty Kolb. “We’re proud of the Pay It Forward franchise and all of the amazing, positive stories we’ve been able to share with our viewers. It’s been extremely rewarding for all involved to be able to showcase some of the amazing people in West Michigan who give of themselves, expecting absolutely nothing in return.”
At its open meeting on January 28, the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) adopted rules requiring radio to have an online public file. The new rule will:
· Require entities to only upload to the online public file documents that are not already on file with the FCC or maintained by the Commission in its own database; the Commission will include documents already on file with the FCC in the online file ;
· Exempt existing political file material from the online file requirement, and require that political file documents be uploaded only on a going-forward basis, consistent with the approach taken in the television transition;
· With respect to radio broadcasters, impose the online file requirement initially only on commercial stations in the top 50 Nielsen Audio markets with five (5) or more full-time employees, while delaying for two years all mandatory online public file requirements for other radio stations;
· Permit entities that are temporarily exempt from part or all online public file requirements to upload material to the online file voluntarily before the delayed effective date of their online file requirement;
· Permit entities that have fully transitioned to the online public file to cease maintaining a local public file, as long as they provide online access to back-up political file material via the entity’s own website if the FCC’s online file database becomes temporarily unavailable.
Each year the MABF awards over 30 scholarships to deserving students in Michigan who are planning to pursue a career in broadcasting and media. If you have a deserving student who attends a qualified institution, be sure to get their application in by February 26. Find the list of schools here.
NEW!! The MABF Board is now offering one competitive scholarship open to any student in Michigan. Each year, applicants not receiving another MAB Foundation scholarship may apply for one competitive scholarship with the MAB Foundation. The Education and Scholarship Committee will serve as the voting committee using the pre-determined rating system and will present the MAB Foundation Board with their top candidate for ratification. The award will be presented at the Great Lakes Broadcasting Conference & EXPO (GLBC) on May 3, 2016 at the Lansing Center.
Click here for all the scholarship information, or contact the MABF at 517-484-7444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.