2016 marks the 31st year of honoring Michigan’s public broadcasting pioneers with the 2016 Public Media Impact Awards.
· To recognize outstanding individuals, donors, foundations and individuals involved in public broadcasting for their innovativeness, creativity, and impact on public broadcasting.
· To inspire others involved in public broadcasting to greater achievement in the field of public radio and television.
· To foster an exchange of innovative, creative ideas and solutions among public broadcasters.
· To increase awareness of public broadcasting and the contributions talented individuals make to the industry statewide.
Professionals, volunteers, and donors involved in Michigan public radio or television are eligible for nomination. Nominations can be made by colleagues, supervisors, and/or station managers. Activities for which the person is nominated may be long-term, to recognize lifetime contributions to public broadcasting, or more recent, to reflect a concentrated period of achievement.
1. The Public Media Impact Award for Donors is for individuals or foundations that have been able to support a specific project at a station, and the criteria states that there is not a required number of years of support. This would be based on threshold of impact and importance in Public Broadcasting.
2. The Public Media Impact Award for Professionals is opened up to all professionals working in public broadcasting.
Deadline for nominations and supporting material is Tuesday, July 19, 2016. Please check the MAPB website for updates.